From History Major to Protector of Domestic Violence Victims Posted on September 27th, 2017 by

Kristine McLean

Gustie alum Kristine McLean ’14 at her May 2017 graduation from Mitchell Hamline.

Kristine McLean ’14 recently earned her law degree, winning honors along the way. She embodies the Gustavus commitment to excellence and justice in her work, and as a History Major she feels well prepared for her chosen career. As Kristine elaborates:

I graduated from Mitchell Hamline in May 2017. I sat for the Minn. bar this July and am awaiting the results. I am currently working as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Kevin Siefken in Austin, Minn. Eventually, I’m hoping to become a prosecutor. During my third year of law school, I made Dean’s List both semesters while working almost full time in the Dakota County Attorney’s Office. I was also recognized at the 2017 Commencement Ceremony for completing over 200 hours of law-related public service. I am passionate about protecting domestic violence victims. My experiences in the Dakota County Attorney’s Office, at the Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project, and as a student certified attorney in the Mitchell Child Protection Clinic increased my desire to become a prosecutor.

Thank you to the entire History Department for feeding my desire to understand the framework for critical systems in our society.

###

Greg Kaster
Professor of History